The term “Lifestyle” represents the way in which a person lives his life which includes his behaviour, interest and opinions of an individual, group or community in the society. The lifestyle of an individual represents the identity of human.
This reflects the values (ethical and moral), attitude and the future view of the person. It is the basis of culture in the society. A person’s lifestyle is highly dependent on other individual’s lifestyle and is highly influential in nature. The term “lifestyle” has different meanings in different contexts.
LIFESTYLE MEANING IN DIFFERENT CONTEXTS
- COLORS :
Colours also represent different kinds of lifestyle. For example
- Green colour represents a kind of lifestyle which believes in the engagement of activities that are sustainable in nature and eco-friendly i.e nature, environment, good luck, youth
- White colour represents a lifestyle full of peace and harmony
- Black color describes the life of elegance and glamour
- Purple color is for royalty, wisdom, spirituality and arrogance
- Brown represents simplicity and comforts
- Orange is for energy, creativity, change and endurance
- HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
You might have heard of the proverb “Health is wealth”. Here are a few healthy lifestyle ideas that you should follow in your life :
- Diet (Choosing foods which are healthy)
- Have 3 meals a day i.e breakfast, lunch and dinner (dinner must be in the small quantity)
- Follow a diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole rain and low fat or fat-free dairy products.
- Avoid the drinks rich in soda or sugar content
- It is advised to avoid heavy meals during summer months, especially during the days which are quite hot.
- Avoid consuming uncooked or raw meat in any form
- Choose the food that contains minimum amount of unhealthy fats which includes trans fats and saturated fats. These fats lead to an increase in the level of cholesterol which is LDL in nature which result in a high risk of causing heart disease.
- Make a habit of eating healthy fats in stable amount, these fats include mono unsaturated, poly unsaturated and omega 3 fats. The choice of this food represents a good lifestyle.
- Stretching is the best exercise, so it is advised to start and complete your workout with stretching
- You can also visit the gym 3-5 times a week and take training programs for both cardio and increasing the strength
- Some other exercises include Yoga, aerobics, meditation that helps in boosting your internal strength and keeps a man fit
- Good hygiene practices
- Take a shower every day that will keep you fresh and refreshing
- Floss and brush your teeth regularly
- Clean your feet every day to avoid bad odour
- Make a habit of wearing clean clothes
- Wash your hands after regular intervals
- CLOTHING AND LIFESTYLE
Clothes also represent different types of lifestyle that depends on religion, beliefs, profession etc. Some of them are described in brief as below :
Hindu (women) – Saree, ghagra choli, salwar kameez etc
Hindu (men)- dhoti, lungi, sherwani
Muslim – burqa for ladies
Sikhs – bana, chola, Kakar, kanga, kara, kesh etc